Subject: Compiling xlock
To: None <"O=bhp; OU1=bhpmelint; DDA.TYPE=RFC-822; DDA.VALUE=macbsd-general">
From: Ripke Paul PR <paul.p.r.ripke@msmail.bhp.com.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/20/1995 15:27:37
Colin,

I am sorry for this disgustingly formatted mail, but I am at work, and this
is sent from MSMail :(  which is why this is also why it is going to the list
- I don't know your address.

I managed to get xlock working properly by:

changing cuserid(??) to getlogin(??) in xlock.c (??). Sorry for all the
unknowns, but my system isn't networked and about 30 km away, and my memory
is running heavily into swap ;)
A "grep cuser *.c" should find the relevent bits, and a "man cuserid" tells
you the valid alternatives.

Setting xlock to run setuid root. This allows it to access the secure
password DB.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but it works for me :)

Regards,
Paul Ripke

Don't you just love MSMail?? ;)
_