Subject: Are serial ports supported?
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nicholas Riley <sabi@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/08/1995 07:33:39
I've been trying without success to talk to the serial ports on my
SE/30...well, actually, to enable logins via them, but any kind of
communication would be great to start.  I connected a 2400 bps modem up
to it, to see what would happen, and all that happened was that the
lights on the modem flashed incessantly for about five minutes, then the
system complained "invalid login" from that port, and the lights stopped
flashing. I have no way of finding out what happened there, because when
I tried connecting a computer to the port and setting it to the same
settings (2400 bps, N81 and XON-XOFF flow control) I didn't receive
anything.  Should I be able to address the serial ports or not?

<sabi@netcom.com            \ CIS: 72531,3633 <72531.3633@compuserve.com>
 sabi@roadrunner.tiac.net   \ e*World: Sabinasata <sabinasata@eworld.com>
 sabi@anchor.marblehead.com \ Homepage: http://www.tiac.net/users/nriley/
___________________________ \ Finger sabi@netcom.com for PGP public key._