Subject: Re: No BSD on an SE/30 yet
To: Michael J. Oehler <mjo@epoch.ncsc.mil>
From: William V Roth <bud@selway.umt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1995 15:01:14
On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Michael J. Oehler wrote:

> You have probably heard this countless times before, but Mac BSD doesn't
> boot on my SE/30.
>
> I have an internal video card (Lapis 24), but don't think this has caused
> the problem, virtual mem is off, all extensions were off, & I beleive
> there's still space on the tiny drive (install worked for the entire 40
> minutes (!) and the mini shell worked fine, there's lots of files out there).

I have an SE/30 with a macronix 24 bit colorboard.  I think the
colorboard is the problem.  I am currently trying to find another
computer to test my successfully installed NetBSD HD on.  I will report
the results.  In the meantime, I would like to do my part to help with
solving the video card incompatibility problem.  Please let me know how I
can help.

Bud

William Roth (aka Bud)   |   first year student   |   tel. 406-728-2305
1310 Gerald Ave. #4      |   UM Law School        |   bud@selway.umt.edu
Missoula, MT 59801       |   Missoula, Montana    |   Call for fax no.