Subject: Another dt problem.
To: None <macbsd-general@netbsd.org>
From: Chip Burkhead <chip@msen.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 10/30/1994 11:25:50
   I have been trying to get dt to run on my Mac IIci; but have had really
no luck. The pre-compiled versions crash or give errors about a libc file
being missing.

   If I compile my own version it clears about 1" at the top of the screen
and then gives me a string of error messages like this:

grfunmmap(84): dev a00 addr0
grfunlock(84): dev 0 flags 3 lockpid -1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
<the date> myname /netbsd: grfmmap(84): addr 10000000
<the date> myname /netbsd: grfmmap(84): addr 10000000
<the date> grfunmmap(84): dev a00 addr0
<the date> grfunmmap(84): dev a00 addr0

  If someone really wants it, I can send you the core dump. I am running
with an E-machines ColorLink Nubus card and my RAM set at 4M (out of 8M) so
1.0 will boot. I have had similar messages trying to run dt under the 0.9C
kernel using internal video too. Anyone had any thoughts on what might be
causing this and how to fix it? Other then this problem the system is
running well.

                                                               - Chip -

           |            Email:  Internet - chip@msen.com           |
           |  And I dream of stars, and rockets spitting fire.     |
           |  I dream of fairies, and hobbits in the Shire.        |
           |  And pray for a wind, that blows from rainbow's end.  |
           |  To carry me away, where I won't have to pretend.     |
           |             "Wind From Rainbow's End" - Bill Roper    |