Subject: Re: Question...
To: Ill Omen <Laurence.H.Zill@williams.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/01/1994 09:22:33
> Will a 68040 version of MacBSD be available before I buy a PowerPC next
> year, and when I do, will a PPC version be around?

If you're doing the port, you can answer that question...  I'd love to
work on either, and will probably do what I can w/o a machine for both.
However, my financial resources are limited.  If someone wants to loan
me the hardware, then there might be.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait.
There's also the issue that Apple isn't exactly forthcoming with hardware
documentation, and from what I've heard, there are a lot of custom
ASICs in the PPC machines...  :-(  Also, the hardware is radically
different in the Mac II and the Q840AV (and the Q800 and friends)...

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****