Subject: Re: PowerPC & MacBSD??
To: AC <ADCMS%CUNYVM.BITNET@cmsa.Berkeley.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/30/1994 15:54:15
> Will any of the port to the 68K macintosh line be useful in setting
> up a powermac port?  Does anybody expect such a port to occur, and/or
> be difficult, in the foreseeable future?

I would expect that very little of the arch-specific code would be useful
for a PPC port.  From what I've seen, there are very few similarities
in the hardware between the m68k and PPC macs.

I expect that a port will happen--if Apple releases h/w info about the
systems.  I have picked up a MPC601 manual just in case I can ever afford

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -
allen.briggs@vt.edu          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****