Re: openssl3+postfix issue (ca md too weak)

>       Hello Taylor.  Just as a point of reference, smtp clients that
>connect to domains hosted by Microsoft, i.e. outlook.com and any other
>domains that use their infrastructure for e-mail, will have to present
>a valid SSL certificate in order to submit mail to their smtp servers.

I do not believe this statement is correct.  My reading of RFC 8461
is that all it says is that the _server_ has to have a valid certificate
and says nothing about client certificates.  In my limited experience
configuring your SMTP _client_ to present a certificate is very very
rare.

--Ken