Re: lockdebug panic booting -current

jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost (Jared McNeill) writes:

>Starting dhcpcd.
>[  13.3072671] Kernel lock error: _kernel_lock,244: spinout

The spinout code was repaired recently, and now it works.
Unfortunately you only see the victims here. You need to find
out who is holding the kernel lock for a long time.

In my case that was wm0, also triggered by dhcpcd (but also by a simple
ifconfig up) that was busy waiting in mii code.

I have a patch for mii that avoids this, but might not be correct for
all devices yet.

You may also see other kernel_lock spinouts when rebooting.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost