Re: Travel router part 2

On 2018-09-05 08:03 AM, Roy Marples wrote:
>> and have a named configured to use the forwarders in
>> /etc/namedb/forwarders.  Whatever the ISP dhcp gives me is stuffed into
>> the forwarders and used as last resort.  This has been a robust solution
>> for many open wireless access points.
>
> Since NetBSD-6, dhclient-script has shipped with resolvconf(8) support
> that will do that for you.

Do you run dhclient if you have PPPOE set up?  Once the interface is up
I already have an IP address so what does dhclient do?

Note that the router is also the DHCP server so it also has static IPs
on the internal interfaces.  At some point I will add a second wifi card
to connect to campground wifi or tether to my phone.  At that point
dhclient will probably be set up to talk to that second wifi since it
will replace the PPPOE connection.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost