Re: Identifying the NetBSD shell

    Date:        Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:42:43 +0000
    From:        Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh%nimenees.com@localhost>

  | I'm pretty surprised that it wouldn't work in NetBSD's shell.

It might, or it might make the shell dump core, or do almost anything,
(or if your shell is old enough, produce a syntax error as it would have
done in original Bourne shells).

Posix does not even require fd's up to 9 to be supported, it just
suggests that should be done if possible...   Scripts using values
greater than than 9 without defensive measures, are at the very
least, not portable.

Still, nothing justifies accessing outside array bounds, so this is
going to get fixed in the NetBSD shell.

And since this is now public info, I guess it needs to be moved higher
up my priority list!

kre