Re: DoS attack against TCP services

On Sat, 7 Feb 2015, Greg Troxel wrote:

I don't know; I will take look, but in this case the connections are
initiated by the inflicted system.

And so far we don't have any traces showing packets that look like attacks.

There must be no attack, yes. However, it is described that the attack exploits a memory leak. Maybe this can lead to problems in normal usage.

http://vigilance.fr/vulnerability/FreeBSD-NetBSD-OpenBSD-memory-leak-via-Net-2-TCP-Timer-15696

And as Robert Elz suspected a problem with a timer that bug might fit. The article says: "However, the implementation of TCP Timers is invalid. The memory allocated to process them is never freed."

Regards
Uwe