Re: Rescan for ahcisata ?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 06:45:34AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >I meant, a command line example with output. With just the diff and
> >your explanation above (as well as other mails in this threads) I
> >still don't know what difference your patch would make.
>
> Ah, I see.
>
> I had included a sample of the new output from 'drvctl -p' (show
> propery dictionary) which includes the new information.  Here it is
> again:

OK, I though this was an example of what the kernel returned, not what
the user would see :)

Maybe drvctl -r could print all attributes when there's more than one,
and ask the user to choose one ?

BTW, I find it counterintuitive to not have drvctl -r scan all attributes.
In a hot-swap bay I could replace a disk drive with a DVD drive ...