Re: uvideo(4) regression

> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 09:53 +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > uvideo(4) in -current doesn't work with my webcam.
> > (Last time I tried with NetBSD 5.99.2 it worked)
> > I just get a garbage with mplayer.
>
> > v4l2: ioctl streamon failed: Cannot allocate memory
>
> There's an existing problem that can cause this - currently usb_allocmem
> and friends will only allocate memory as one contiguous block. In your
> example uvideo will have tried to allocate three 600kb buffers, which
> won't succeed if memory is very fragmented.
>
> The ehci driver should cope just fine with non-contiguous buffers, but
> usb_mem needs to support allocating them.

Assuming usb_mem also lacks this support in NetBSD 5.0 how
does it work then?

videoctl still works on that machine:
# videoctl -a
info.cap.card=SuYin HP Webcam, rev 2.00/1.00,
info.cap.driver=uvideo
info.cap.bus_info=usb:00000003
info.cap.version=5.99.44
info.cap.capabilities=0x5000001<VIDEO_CAPTURE,READWRITE,STREAMING>
info.format.0=YUYV
info.input.0=Camera
info.input.0.type=baseband
info.standard.0=webcam