Interface is "paused" ?

I've got a new toy, and it has a "82576 1000BaseT Ethernet, rev. 1" with igphy. I've attempted to configure it, but the "media" line from ifconfig says

        media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT full-duplex,flowcontrol,
                        rx_pause,tx_pause)

I cannot figure out how to unpause the interface and make it start sending and receiving packets!

Any clues?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |