Re: Can't boot the install CD on a *physical* machine.

No idea, but I just tried with an amd64 iso image created from sources updated just a couple hours ago, and it fails on my system, too.

It gets as far as displaying the message

        NetBSD/x86 cd9660 Primary Bootstrap

and then it just sits there.

Whatever the problem it, it appears to be common to both i386 and amd64 ports.