Re: panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:20:12 +0100
Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund%hem.utfors.se@localhost> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Hand-copied from screen:
>
> dmode 8000 mode 8000 dgen 504d64d6 gen 504d64d6
> size 0 blocks 0
> ino 3 ipref 8
> panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
> fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
> trap type 1 code 8 eip c02369c4 cs eflags 246 cr2 bbb99660 ilevel 8
> Stopped in pid 5416.1 (mkdir) at   netbsd:breakpoint+0x4: popl %ebp
>
> This happened on NetBSD-current from 2009-01-08 on my i386 UP machine
> while building some stuff from pkgsrc.
>
> For some reason NetBSD can not boot with a PS2 keyboard attached, so I
> can not do anything at the moment at the ddb-prompt. I suppose
> crashdump is the only way forward.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I saw this consistently today while trying to untar files on a newly
created ffs -O2 filesystem after booting a current NetBSD/alpha sysinst
kernel. Note I am *not* using WAPBL. The fix for me was to mount the
filesystem with -o sync while untarring. I've not been able to reproduce
the panic so far after rebooting into the newly installed system,
although I did see signs of fs corruption (a corrupt directory).
Will try to krank up debugging options.

-Tobias