Re: initial xorg problems

On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Martin S. Weber wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 11:51:39AM +1300, Mark Davies wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 November 2008 07:25:13 Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > > Another issue I noticed is that I can no longer use Ctrl-Alt-Fn to
> > > switch back to wscons ttys...
> >
> > Note that I'm seeing this problem as well with recent pkgsrc xorg's.  A
> > machine with modular-xorg-server-1.3.0.0nb10 switches while a basically
> > equivalent machine (both running 4.99.73) with modular-xorg-server-1.4.2
> > doesn't.

I had noticed that too but had assumed that it was a KDE issue because my root
X setup worked OK with the tvtwm window manager.  A test just now of tvtwm as
a regular user, however, shows that console switching fails with tvtwm too, so
perhaps it is a permission issue.

> Maybe Option "DontVTSwitch" "True" sneaked somehow in for you? Could try
> with the opposite and see if that makes it work again... (for me
> pkgsrc/x11/modular-xorg-server-1.4.2 on 4.99.73 does allow switching back
> to the wscons terminals).

I'm using the same server as root and as a regular user and a grep for
DontVTSwitch did not turn up anything in the expected config files.

Regards,
Sverre