Re: SIGIO, xemacs random crashes on SMP system

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 20:58 +0200, Anthony Mallet wrote:
> Clearly, the direction flag is not set while the cpu is doing the 'rep movsl',
> just after the 'std'. Then, of course, the program fails to pass the test and
> asserts().
>
> There's something wrong somewhere, isn't it?

I have absolutely no idea about what you posted, but I do recall a
discussion on Slashdot about a direction flag being set by gcc because
none of the kernels (Linux, *BSD, etc) did for i386 even when they
should be according to the ABI.

http://lwn.net/Articles/272048/
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html

Is this the fault?