Re: Compiling the current source code

> > BSDOBJDIR /usr/obj does not exist, bailing...
>
> An obj dir must exist. As you have not specified one, it assumes /usr/obj.
> Create /usr/obj or specify a different directory on the build.sh command
> line.

It should create it as needed. It doesn't fail because the tools directory
or destdir doesn't exist -- it created them as needed.

I received the same problem a couple days ago:

time ./build.sh -u -U distribution

resulted in:

ERROR: Failed to make obj in tools

so added -O ./obj

I think this should be handled automatically
since BUILDING example doesn't show that

What is the benefit of having complaints about this continuing for five
years?