Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/2007 04:29:16
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> Real APM is deprecated :-) There's a second kernel for that...
>
> I don't like that.  Plenty of machines were manufactured with APM and no
> ACPI, or APM and broken ACPI, and some of those machines are still in
> use.  I think we should try to support them.

We do try to support them, but I don't have any hardware that supports it
anymore. Got anything you can test with? It *should* still work in
-current, but I can't say for sure.

APM of course is not supported on amd64, and I wouldn't say plenty of
machines had buggy ACPI implementations, more like a handful. And we
should be able to handle most of those with our quirks mechanisms.

Cheers,
Jared