Subject: Re: files.bluetooth:14: undefined attribute `hid'
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/2007 21:17:53
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:

> > Yeah, I did notice something like that once. Does it work ok if you move
> > the 'define hid' from files.usb to sys/conf/files? (as per patch)
>
> Right.
>
> > You still would not be able to use bthidev though, maybe the 'file
> > dev/usb/hid.c hid' statement would need to be moved also?

Ok, I moved them both. you should also be able to configure bluetooth
mouse and such for arch that can do bluetooth but not usb (eg hpcsh)

> > I got on my TODO list to move the HID stuff out of dev/usb but I got no
> > time right now (good weather means fixing up boat :)
>
> I think that bthid should move hid to dev/hid.c if it is necessary.

I think more than this - even to common/lib/libusbhid, then a new
directory dev/hid containing mouse, keyboard, uhid and such. No reason why
we need duplicate code for these. eg the ums(4) code is tied strongly to
USB, whereas I rewrote it for btms(4) to not care about the parent bus.

regards,
iain