Subject: Re: Issue 50 of the NetBSD CVS Digest is out.
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: thilo <jeremias@optushome.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/2006 15:28:34
>But otherwise, can we please stop looking this gift horse in the mouth...
>
>    -- Garrett

O dear...  I did not mean to do that!

I do like their stuff and I think it's positive for us too, but ( now
this goes to us - not coverity)
If we (the people who do have the knowledge) don't disclose what we know
to the comunity,
we make ourselfs subject to deserved critic.

I think NetBSD is (unlike GNU), everyone can embed it wherever he wants,
and he would also need
to handle any support arising on that. If he chooses not to feed that
info back to the comunity, he can do so
the license explicitly allows this (for good reasons I think).

Till now I had the view that the core developer team would fit their
knwoledge back into the group.
I wonder if the NDA signed with coverity is preventing them from
producing a list of bugs, or is this something else.

And just by the look at the number verifying 3600 items will take up a
lot of ressources, which some people simply don't have.
This could be the opportunity to stay focused on your own stuff and get
new people to learn the OS and help fixing.
I do assume every checkin is reviewed upfront?

And sorry to get there, but why is the mail-thread so upset about the
question if we (the non maintaining developer)
can see the list of bugs?

thilo