Subject: Re: Midrange machine + NetBSD. Comments?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2006 21:57:42
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 05:02:38PM -0800, Marc Tooley wrote:

> ... and basically, I'm wondering whether there's anyone else running
> NetBSD on similar hardware with a useful degree of success?

I have exactly that mother board in my machine at home, I only have
242's in my machine (all I could get at the time I bought it) and
1.5Gb of memory.  I use the on board SiI3114 sata controller for most
of my disk.  The machine runs fine for me, very stable now.  I suggest
that you make sure the bios is reasonably up to date - early versions
of the bios had a bug with the MTRR setup which caused some grief if
you had a video card in the machine.

--
Brett Lymn