Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/scsipi
To: Stefan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kr=FCger?= <skrueger@meinberlikomm.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/2004 15:41:42
On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 12:05:08PM +0100, Stefan Krüger wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> seems like something went wrong, I tried to boot a fresh-build kernel,
> then I got this:
>
> [...]
> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "error == 0" failed: file
> "/usr/src/sys/dev/scsipi/sd.c", line 897
> syncing disks... done
>
> sorry, no crashdump available, let me know if you need more info...
>
> could someone please take a look a it? thank you very much

This is because scsipi_execute_xs() returns EJUSTRETURN on success, no 0.
These changes also made scsipi_command() return EJUSTRETURN instead of 0
on success. I'll let Charles deal with this, I don't know in which
direction he wants to take this (but my feeling would be to make
scsipi_command() return 0 again, but let scsipi_execute_xs() return
EJUSTRETURN).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>