Subject: Re: keyboard problem with X
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/2004 23:17:10
Frederick Bruckman(fredb@immanent.net) said 2004.06.01 15:54:27 +0000:
> Yes. "fstat /dev/ttyE4" shows that XFree86 is running on the free tty,
> as expected (now). I'm starting "xdm" with "xdm=YES" in "/etc/rc.conf",
> but the next time I catch it in the act, I will check and see which
> virtual terminal XFree86 is running on.

Doing some quick research right now reveals some interesting facts.

Currently, the X server it as it again. fstat reveals that the X server has
the following devices open: console, mem, and wsmouse.
fstat then also reveals multiple programs have the console open, as I run X
by doing a `xinit &', and thus able to do some other stuff (a habit I picked
up when accidentally doing a `pkill bash').

I've never had problems with this on other OSes.

--Wouter