Subject: Re: Build failure - sources from earlier today
To: Lagno, DenisX <denisx.lagno@intel.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2004 17:30:53
--PNpeiK4tTqhYOExY

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 01:27:52PM +0300, Lagno, DenisX wrote:
> Maybe just turn -Werror off..  I always build system with
>=20
> ./build.sh -some_other_options -V NOGCCERROR=3D

That's not very safe.

As Paul's other note indicates, his cvs update reported a file that was=20
not present in the main sources. Said file was causing this problem. Just=
=20
turning error detection off would have resulted in a kernel that wouldn't=
=20
have worked, and it'd have been very hard to find the error.

While turning -Werror off may seem easier, it really isn't in the long=20
run. That's why we leave it on.

Take care,

Bill

--PNpeiK4tTqhYOExY