Subject: Re: NetBSD logo design competition
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2004 23:21:43
--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

Conrad T. Pino wrote:
> > How about a mermaid holding a trident?

> I don't want Disney or Chicken of the Sea International
> coming after us for infringement!!! :)

On what would they base their claim?
=20
> http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/movies/mermaid/mermaid.html
> http://www.chickenofthesea.com/mermaidclub/index.aspx
=20
So what? Do you think they invented mermaids? Well, I'm afraid
90% of all kids think so. You could even use Aladin (only Disney's
has two Ds) as logo and Disney wouldn't have the slightest chance
getting close to you. Not to mention that operating systems are none
of their business. (Woah, that would be weird! *shudder*)

--=20
Christian

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--