Subject: Re: checkflist error codes
To: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
From: Perry E.Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/2003 09:18:50
William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com> writes:
> The most annoying problem with checkflist is that it aborts the build.sh
> process when there are extra files in the destdir.  Is there any reason
> why?

It forces us to fix the build sets.

Really the ultimate solution is this: during the construction of the
METALOG file, it is trivial to add tags to all the file names being
put into the METALOG that contain information on what set every single
file in the system should be in. We can then extract the set
information directly from METALOG and eliminate the hard-coded set
lists.

I've done some primitive experiments with this, which I've never
polished into a finished system. However, something like this is
likely to show up one way or another in coming months, which will fix
the entire problem once and for all.

Perry