Subject: Problems building -current/i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2003 10:10:20
	Hello folks.  I'm trying to update my -current source tree again and,
it seems, I always seem to mess up the fetching of the sources with cvs
somehow.
I'm using
cvs update -dP
from the /usr/src directory with a source tree which, before I started, was
current as of six weeks ago.
	Now, after running the command:
./build.sh -D /var/tmp/netbsd -O /usr/obj distribution
I get: after a while of cleaning and building:
ld: cannot find -lgcc_pic
this is building libc, using the ld in the /usr/src/tools directory.

	My questions are:

1.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?

2.  If not, is my only recourse to wipe my source tree and start all over
again with a cvs checkout?  It seems like I always end up having to do this
after not tracking current for a while -- is this normal?

3.  If folks are seeing it, any time to repair?
-
-thanks

-Brian