Subject: Re: systat segfaults
To: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/2003 19:05:39
On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 03:54:54PM -0700, walt wrote:
> Chris Tribo wrote:
> I've also been having problems with libkvm apps like xosview and gtop
> which other people say are working correctly on -current machines.

xosview also fails to work for me on -current:
<dive@eros(/home/dive)> % xosview
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_ifnet'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: The kernel does not seem to have the symbols needed for the
DiskMeter.
  (A 1.2 kernel or above is probably needed)
The DiskMeter has been disabled.

But then pops up with most of the displays disabled, in other words making
it completely useless. Gkrellm works fine, however, but I've always
preferred xosview.

recompiling xosview dozens of times has not made any difference.

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!