Subject: Re: Removing /sys [was Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile]
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2002 12:38:24
Quoting Peter Eisch (peter@boku.net):

> Okay, where do I need to ship my sbus qfe and Magma 2S+P cards?  I'm
And I've got an aurora multi serial card (but no cable) ...

> I can also ship NeXT 68030, 68040 25MHz & 33MHz, components to help someone
> pull up the scsi driver and network support into a mainline release.
You know, I love my NeXT(s).  But one of the best things is that
it's a next, not just another BSD machine.  Unless someone actually
leveraged the DSP in there (then, might it be fast enough to MP3s?).

But I can't see a much better way to waste effort.
33MHz?  2400MHz?  Hmmm, what's more useful?

Better to spend the effort on SPARC SMP and Ultra III.