Subject: Re: build.sh -t fails on 1.6I
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2002 06:35:28
On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Alan Barrett wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Nov 2002, Mr Mine Sakiyama wrote:
> > I am getting error trying to run build.sh with -t. It
> > stops with the following error. The sources are
> > obtained via CVS today.
>
> I don't know about this specific case, but problems like yours are
> sometimes caused by stale .depends files, and deleting the contents of
> the OBJDIR directory will get rid of them.  I often delete the entire
> contents of OBJDIR, TOOLDIR, DESTDIR and RELEASEDIR after a cvs update,
> just to be sure that no old files will affect the build.  (Actually,
> files in RELEASEDIR do not affect the build, but I delete them anyway.)

That's good, because the release build will complain and fail if there
are extra files in RELEASEDIR (like files that have become obsolete).

> "build.sh -r" deletes TOOLDIR and DESTDIR, but does not delete OBJDIR.
> This might be a bug.

A normal build does a "cleandir", so that should take care of your
object files. One thing that I'm starting to think is a bug, though,
is that "cleandir" doesn't delete the kernel build directories.

Frederick