Subject: AC97 quirks?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/2002 02:42:24
It looks like the recent discussion of the non-functionality of the CT5880
(SoundBlaster PCI of some sort) card highlights an issue:  There's no quirk
handling in ac97.c, so far as I can tell.  The corresponding file in Linux
appears to have a set of hooks of some sort for modeling the inevitable quirks
and incompatibilities... which, it appears, is what's necessary to handle that
codec.

Am I completely confused?  Does the CT5880 just suck?  I have an auvia which
doesn't seem to work at all, and a CT5880 which doesn't seem to work at all;
this is not my day.

-s