Subject: Re: audio read/write in nonblocking mode
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2002 12:22:17
Jared D. McNeill writes:
 > On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Brook Milligan wrote:
 > > Is this a hardware issue specific to the esa/ac97 driver combination I
 > > am using?
 >
 > Most likely a bug with the esa driver. I never got around to testing
 > full-duplex with it, I guess I just assumed that it worked ;)
 >
 > Feel free to fix it if you know where it's breaking -- either now, or (if
 > I get what I'm working on finished), once I commit my changes that allow
 > multiple simultaneous channels through the driver. I'll be more than happy
 > to offer assistance in working out this problem.

So you think it is somewhere in esa.c, not in the higher audio driver
(audio.c) or in the ac97 code?

I will need some guidance to help wade through it all, but am willing
to help.  Can you give any suggestions about where to look or how to
go about narrowing down the problem.

Can anyone verify that full duplex works with all the other audio
drivers, especially including other ones that rely on the ac97 code?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Brook