Subject: Re: Where is ${TOP}/share/mk ?
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/2001 02:33:45
--E69HUUNAyIJqGpVn

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 07:14:29PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
> What _did_ it get you, then?  All being well, checking out "src" should g=
et
> you the entire source tree, and it seems to do that for me at the moment =
(at
> least, it gets on to "gnu" -- I haven't got time to wait for the whole tr=
ee).

You shouldn't have to wait long. cvs -n should be plenty speedy.

Ah, but it doesn't work:

grappa:~/tmp% cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot -n checkout src
cvs server: in directory src:
cvs [server aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

Neat. Is -n documented not to work with checkout? The info
documentation says a little more than the man page:

     Note that CVS will not necessarily produce exactly the same output
     as without `-n'.  In some cases the output will be the same, but
     in other cases CVS will skip some of the processing that would
     have been required to produce the exact same output.

=2E.. but that doesn't seem like enough to justify "-n doesn't work
with checkout at all" to me. Maybe I'll go bug info-cvs@gnu.org
about this, presuming no one knows this to be a failing of our
pkgsrc version of cvs.

> It's hard to tell, since everything you've described should work.

Fwiw, my cvs updates have been getting all of src correctly,
including sharesrc, but I've had a src/CVS/Entries with the right
stuff for quite a while now.

David, what are you using as your CVS repository? Could you post of
listing of what directories you do have under src and exactly what
cvs command you used to get them there? Or did you extract from the
tarballs? (In the latter case, the manual changes that Frederick
Bruckman mentions in his response may be necessary.)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--E69HUUNAyIJqGpVn