Subject: Re: -current build failure in npx.c?
To: Glendon Gross <gross@xinetd.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2001 10:55:25
--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 08:57:03AM -0800, Glendon Gross wrote:
> I finally got the kernel to build with 686 support after building
> "gas.new" and "libbfd."   This was not clearly documented in UPDATING,
> but I haven't looked at the latest version.

I agree that the note in UPDATING is unclear, but the other option
given there (build a kernel without I686_CPU, build the world, then
build a kernel with I686_CPU) works... at least in theory. I haven't
gotten the world to build yet (see the rest of this thread).

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX--