Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 15:40:08
Perry E. Metzger said:

>This is exactly the sort of reason why it is nice that NetBSD will now
>cross-build on Cygwin (which is much like UWIN.)

My nefarious plan was to develop a clone of UWIN built on NetBSD tools
whose primary purpose was to develop and compile binaries for processors
other than Intel. While the developers in the lab had xterminals, as well
as their NT boxes, I was only offered a P166 box to use as a NetBSD host
system, so I needed to come up with something that didn't cost any money.

Cygwin seems like a good thing, but you do have to put the pieces together
yourself. From their website, it looks like Redhat really really wants you
to buy support. I can see, though, that for those who use Cygwin and MS
systems everyday, that it would be good to have NetBSD cross-build support
there.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com