Subject: Re: NetBSD-current on Compaq Proliant Bootproblem
To: None <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Masanori Kanaoka <kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/2001 01:51:32
Hi,

       From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
      Date : Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:00:23 +0200

$ I am trying to boot NetBSD-current on some Compaq Proliant servers for
$ a client. It fails to boot with error message:
$
$ 	uvm_page_physload: start >= end
$
$ This same kernel boots fine on other Intel hardware (a Dell laptop, a
$ HP Kayak PC and a Compaq DeskPro PC).
$
$ About 5 months ago I didn't have this problem booting -current on
$ these machines (-current of around May 2001). I suspect recent changes
$ to i386/machdep.c are to blame, but I'm a dummy wrt to such low-level
$ kernel code and  have no clue on how to debug this.

$ Any suggestions?

How about trying next things:

    1. define "options REALBASEMEM, options REALEXTMEM" in your config file.
or
    2. define DEBUG_MEMLOAD in your sys/arch/i386/i386/machdep.c ,
       and boot that kernel with serial console.

I think that the patch of port-i386/13399 may help you for your problem.
<URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13399>

Regards!
---
 Masanori Kanaoka	kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp