Subject: Re: HEADS UP: new toolchain info! (now default on i386)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2001 12:37:56
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 07:47:00AM +1200, Gregory McGarry wrote:
> Ian Fry wrote:
> > > [building -current from 1.5]
> > I've tried this several times now, on my 1.5.2 i386 (+ updated make) machine
> > at home, but the build fails during 'make includes' trying to build
> > 'compile_et' (it complains about {get,set}progname when linking). There is a
> > compile_et binary in my build tools tree, but it doesn't appear to being
> > used.
> A fix for this has been committed.

Thanks, that works now. I've come across another problem now
'i386--netbsdelf-ar' doesn't get installed during the toolchain build. It has
been built, as there is an 'ar' in tools/toolchain/toolchain/binutils (for
some reason, 'make obj' didn't create the obj links in the tools tree
(checking the makefile, it looks like this will only happen if 'MKOBJDIRS' is
set - is that right? I don't need that for the rest of the tree)

Ian.