Subject: Re: (Off topic) Need help getting Samba to work
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@elfin.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/28/2001 12:13:02
I've got an older version of samba installed (2.0.6) on a
NetBSD-1.4 server. It talks just fine to my Win2K PDC.

IIRC, there was something on the samba mailing lists about
using a domain/workgroup with an even number of letters that caused
problems.

Here is my global section:

[global]
   workgroup = elfin
   server string = Samba Server
   dont descend = /dev, /proc, /kern, /root, /stand

   load printers = yes
   guest account = nobody
   debug level = 1
   max log size = 100
   lock directory = /var/run/samba

   security = domain
   password server = ntpdc
   encrypt passwords = yes

   domain master = no
   preferred master = no
   local master = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Chris Pinnock wrote:

> Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:54:43 +0100
> From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
> To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
> Cc: current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: (Off topic) Need help getting Samba to work
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 05:48:09PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> > ...  I've done as much debugging as I can, but it seems that my
> > Win2K laptop just closes the tcp connection to the server, right
> > after Samba replies with its "negotiate protocol reply".
>
> Are you using Samba 2.2 (which has some Win2K support)? Apparently,
> Samba 2.0.* doesn't work so well with 2K.
>
> cheers,
> --
> Chris

Elfin