Subject: Re: Heimdal, SSH, and my hair...
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/2001 01:54:49
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> I'm not arguing _AGAINST_ better SSH-K5 integration, of course ... but
> I guess I'm missing something - how is the current situation worse
> than before Heimdal?  You had to install a custom SSH before, right?

True, but before, all I had to do is install MIT's Krb5 from src and plop
that into /usr/local/krb5, then compile SSH with Krb5 support.  (SSH Inc's
version only compiles with MIT Krb5 support)  I'll take a stab at doing
that again, but I could only get as far as compiling the ssh client, and
was unable to compile sshd, scp, etc. before it started conflicting with
the system's Heimdal libs.  (and I was trying to give the MIT libs
priority over the system libs)

Now if I could just do that and bypass the Heimdal libs, then I would be
quite satisfied (and I could then wait for whatever integrated soluton
NetBSD decides on).  So any suggestions would be great.

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request