Subject: Re: identd...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2000 13:12:21
In message <200012131906.eBDJ6Ib24586@cvs.openbsd.org>, Theo de Raadt writes:
>Well, it does matter.

Okay, I see your point.  I was thinking in terms of "if I don't care, why
should I worry".  My initial response was going to be "if I care, I can
just put the information out...", but then I do have the privacy concern,
so something like encryption or timestamps is necessary, and if I want to
use timestamps, I *do* need to keep the records.

That said, I still don't feel I necessarily have an obligation to anyone
*outside* my systems to keep track of the timestamps longer than I want to
for my own purposes... but I can see why it would be good to keep them.

-s