Subject: Re: options INET6 (IPv6 support) - trace
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ibis.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2000 00:10:17
John Maier wrote:
> This worked, strange!  What does INET6 have to do with core checks?

It's entirely possible you hit a bug in core handling, in that the
difference between the two kernel versions (the one you had before and the
one you load right now) is too big and the code gets confused.
To confirm this, could you try to enable the savecore again,
reboot to the same kernel as the one which panicced before and
see if it would panic again ? It should be okay now.

What kind of kernel have you used before - 1.4 series ? Or just
the same kernel, just without INET6 ? The savecore would panic
with the kernel compiled with INET6 but not with one compiled
without it, is that right ?
Could you check if you can repeat the panic by
1. booting non-INET6 kernel
2. then rebooting with INET6 enabled kernel
or the other way around, please ?

I'd like to have something I can easily repeat at my box, so it would
be possible to find the bug and fix it (if it's a sw bug, that is).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@