Subject: Re: your mail
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2000 20:44:05
On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 07:22:42PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:

 > its not just the number of delay() calls, its the magnitude of the
 > delay times, on the order of 0.3 seocnds per function.  Thats never
 > going to play happily with 20msec USB audio samples, and
 > drivers/hardware which want interrupt service at 50hz.

you need to be careful -- if you replace those delays with tsleeps,
you also need to add lockmgr() locks in the right places to keep
other processes from getting in there to screw things up.

delay() sort of enforces multi-threaded programming, and we need to
purge it for that reason anyway, but just so you're aware... :-)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>