Subject: Re: panic: pool_get(mcpl): free list modified...
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/2000 08:44:10
> Depends on where you got your experience, actually.  At a Sun boot-prom
> command line "sync" does what ddb does - does a kernel dump and
> reboots.

I'm not at all sure why we included "sync".  It's a
principle-of-least-surprise thing.  if you're not familiar with sun
boot proms, you'd expect "sync" to give you the ddb prompt back after
syncing filesystems.  i certainly wouldn't expect it to do a dump.

If we included the same functionality, but called the command "dump"
or "panic" or "crash", rather than "sync", i would withdraw my objections.

					- Bill