Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/2000 16:43:34
On Oct 28,  1:16pm, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
} On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 10:59:35PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
}
} > Why are we worrying about 1.3.2 any more?

     Because pkgsrc is supposed to work on any version of NetBSD, even
though individual packages might not work.

} FWIW, I'm using 1.3.2 on the box at work at which I sit... I've never had
} the time to upgrade it, and it isn't broken in any event.

     I also have a 1.3.2 box in production, on which I just tried to
install the latest pkgsrc last week.  Like Mason, I just haven't had
time to upgrade it, especially since it has a number of
customisations.  It will probably be upgraded to 1.5 at some point, but
not immediately.

     BTW, although Greg Woods hasn't commented on this thread yet, if I
recall right he runs some pretty old machines too.

}-- End of excerpt from Mason Loring Bliss