Subject: reboot after panic: vinvalbuf: dirty bufs, vp %p
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@hermit.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2000 23:32:25
Hello...

My X11 just hung. I did a reboot(0x104) and got a dump. I thought
I should be able with "gdb netbsd.6 netbsd.6.core" to obtain a
trace to provide for finding the problem. But gdb told me

/var/crash/netbsd.6.core" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

I have no idea what triggered the panic. I was doing a
make release in the background, toyed around with the
navigator-4.73 (Linux version) and wrote an email when the
system suddenly paniced.

Should I worry, because the core wasn't recognizable? Should I
worry because of the panic? Any general hints for me?

Oh, my system: I am running -current from today around early
morning CEST on i386. I have an IDE disk with a large root
partition (FFS) and swap and a SCSI disk which contains only
a FFS partition. Any other data needed?

TIA and bye,

Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)