Subject: gnome-panel (from pkgsrc gnome-core-1.0.55.1) bugs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/2000 02:24:21
Folks:
	Is anyone using a recent a GNOME package from pkgsrc succesfully?
	Discounting the core files from various gnome components I see in
	my home directory, things work mostly OK with one BIG exception.

	No matter how many times I configure the panel, when I restart X
	(either because I logged out, rebooted the box, etc.), I lose all
	panel settings for 'external' applets.  It looks like the files in
	~/.gnome/panel.d/ all are present and look AFAICT correct.  However,
	my clock applet, CPU load applet and mixer applet never stay more
	than a session (sometime, I can't even add them, they simply never
	make it to the panel).

	I'm trying to track it down, but I know next to nothing about GNOME,
	so I figured I'd see if others had seen this and solved/worked around
	it in some way.  If not, I'll file a PR when I figure out a bit more.

Thanks!
--rafal

pkg_info for related packages follows (since i've got quite a bit of un-related
stuff from pkgsrc installed):

gmake-3.78.1
libghttp-1.0.4
pth-1.3.3