Subject: Re: 13apr2000 /usr/src/usr.sbin/pppd/pppd/Makefile oddity
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/2000 12:57:54
> How much bloat does ipv6 put in userland ? Did someone measure this ?

I don't know much about the big picture of the build process.

How hard would it be to make a script that would build all or some
specified subset of userland in both modes and measure the total
disk space the results used?

That seems like a handy script to have around.  Aside from measuring
the space difference it would verify that the compiles actually worked
in both modes.

I'd expect a good thrash like that could easily be run occasionally
when somebody was checking out changes to a disk driver or file system.