Subject: Re: The new rc.d stuff...
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2000 19:21:35
According to John Nemeth:

>     Yep, and this is one of my biggest peeve with SysV style machines.
>Spreading configuration info all over the place makes them much harder
>to maintain, and therefore makes them less robust.

If they are then they are Not Doing It Right (tm).  All the
conf files should reside in /etc/init.d and the rcn.d contents should
be hard links to the /etc/init.d files - hard links are traditional
because SYSV did not have symbolic links until R4.  So, /etc/init.d
should hold your conf files, what is the beef? ;-)